With the amount of services that TFH offers, there are services that have to be run with videos for preaching. Instant Turnarounds and Sunday night services videos will be produced in the same manner.
The BMD Hyperdeck Studio Pro is the primary player, the GO Mac Pro is the secondary.
Instant Turnarounds/Video Services are a two part process...First we prepare the backup system as the footage takes longer to transfer. While the footage is transferring you should prepare the Hyperdeck.
Secondary Player: Mac Pro | GO System
1. TRANSFER FOOTAGE FROM DIRTY MIX 2
- Power off Newertech Voyager
- Insert Dirty Mix 2 into Drive Dock on the Mac Pro Tower
- Power on Newertech Voyager
- Open finder, select 'Dirty Mix 2' from Devices
- Open new finder window (CMMD-N), navigate to this weekends folder
[~TFH Media/Church Sat-Sun/Year/Month/Day]
- Drag the specific file into this weekends folder
- When Transfer is done, eject Dirty Mix 2
2. PULL VIDEO IN PVP2
- Drag sermon video from this weekends folder into the weekend playlist in PVP2
- Place Sermon video at proper order for service.
3. CHANGE AUDIO PREFERENCES ON MAC FOR PREVIEW
Change sound settings on the Mac so that previewing through headphones is possible...make sure to reset after.
- Open [System Preferences > sound > input > headphone]
4. VIDEO PLAYBACK BEHAVIOR IN PVP
- Set video playback behavior to 'next' (right click > playback behavior > next)
5. SET IN/OUT POINTS
- Right Click on Video
- Drag time bar to desired 'in' point
- Press 'In'
- Drag time bar to desired 'out' point
- Press 'Out'
- Close 'Properties' window
8. RESET SYSTEM AUDIO
Change sound settings on the Mac so that the line out to soundboard is active again.
- Open [System Preferences > sound > input > line out]
9. CHECK SYSTEM AUDIO
Fire the any video with sound to make sure FOH Audio console is getting sound output from the GO Mac Pro.
10. UNBLACK SCREENS
- Unblack Side & Center screens by clicking the blackout button on the TV On switcher.
11. GENERIC CG BACKGROUND
- Place a generic CG background behind the sermon
We do this so that once the sermon vid is done playing, the video will automatically roll into a graphic.
12. NOTE SERMON VID RUN TIME
Inform Producer and LO of the sermon runtime so that the confidence monitor clock can be updated with the correct time.
Primary Player: BMD Hyperdeck
1. INSERT DIRTY MIX 1 DRIVE INTO PLAYBACK HYPERDECK
Take the drive from 'Dirty Mix 1' and insert it into the Playback Hyperdeck Studio Pro
2. SET 'REM' ON THE BMD HYPERDECK PLAYBACK
This will allow the Hyperdeck to be controlled by the JL Cooper ES-SloMo. (Pictured)
3. BLACKMAGIC AUDIO MONITOR
Use the BMD Audio monitor to listen to the file.
Set Audio input to analog and unmute
4. LOCATE THE START POINT
Use the Jog/Shuttle wheels to locate the start point
5. START MACRO
- Press 1
- Press Clear
- Press Mark In
6. LOCATE THE OUT POINT
Use the Jog/Shuttle wheels to locate the end point
7. END MACRO
- Press Mark Out
- Press Enter
8. VERIFY MACRO
- Press 1
- Press Enter
If done correctly, the macro will fire from the selected start point. If not, restart from step.
Important to note. Powering off the system will clear any macros.